About the role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Counsel for Business Development to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Head of Tax Controversy and support our global evolution. This is an amazing opportunity to join our Tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Provide tax advice with respect to Uber's new and developing business lines
- Develop tax strategies and policies to ensure the company maintains tax compliance
- Coordinate technical analysis and planning relating to information reporting, including management of both tax technical issues and managing outsourced filer of information returns, and associated reporting of tax information to payees
- Primary point of contact for Tax issues related to Partner-Driver and Courier income, prizes and contests, and other Tax reporting
- Work closely with Finance teams to ensure data collection and sharing is complete, accurate and automated
- Work with Global Tax teams to coordinate global projects regarding tax information reporting
- Partner with key contacts in operations, finance, treasury, and legal to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Review contracts and collaborate with Product and Legal teams and Tax Counsel to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Work with a global tax team
- Support FAS 5 positions in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items on the financial reporting statements and tax returns
What You'll Need
- Juris Doctorate
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years of experience in a law firm or in-house and/or Big 4 with a solid
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management team and coordinate with other teams within Uber
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
Bonus Points if
- Experience and understanding of Section 6050W and/or a demonstrated ability and desire to learn new areas of the law
About the Team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.