About the Role
Marketplace Real-time Monitoring team owns strategic decision making and execution through a data-driven approach and highly operational mindset during the times when our customers need us the most. The ideal candidate for this role should have a proven track record in team management, operations and strategy, strong analytics, excellent time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What You'll Do
- Build, inspire and lead a team of operations managers focused on developing deep understanding of marketplace dynamics and effectively addressing high impact problems with efficiency
- Develop, optimize and execute a principled approach to manage real-time externalities such as emergencies, holidays and events
- Manage remote Center of Excellence (COE) - continuously identify processes to be standardized, optimized and operated out of COE, work with cross-functional stakeholders to transition them, continuously improve, monitor and report on their performance
- Collaborate with Product, Community Ops and other regional teams in innovating on marketplace management levers and tools
- Drive analytical frameworks to optimize strategic decisions and build scalable tools and dashboards to assess impact and improve decision making
What You'll Need
- 5-7 years of operations management experience; 3+ of those years in consulting / strategy or related field; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Superior team leadership skills with 2+ years of management experience
- Deeply operational mindset and proven track record in process optimization & execution - Past experience with business process outsourcing highly preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action and comfort with ambiguity
- Skilled at balancing between short-term needs and long-term investments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as stakeholder management and project management
- Exceptional Excel / Tableau / data management skills - SQL proficiency and/or ability to pick it up highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, engineering, economics, computer science, operational research); MBA degree highly desired, but not required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.