About the Role
As a Product Operations Manager on the Money team, you will work as an ops thought partner and subject matter expert to ensure Uber Eats is delivering the best possible product to its Restaurants, Couriers and Eaters. You will do this by tackling some of our most challenging Payment, Tax and Compliance projects. Additionally, your scope will include overseeing our Cash Product across the globe.
In this role, you will work together with the Product and Ops orgs to identify product problems and opportunities, prioritize them on the product roadmap, and facilitate bi-directional communication between City Ops teams and the Product Operations team related to the roll out and support of Uber Eats products. Additionally, you will work cross functionally with Legal and Regs teams globally to ensure smooth product rollouts.
What You'll Do
- Meticulously understanding and fearlessly championing the needs of couriers, restaurants, and eaters globally
- Scoping the impact of potential product features, bugs and key product decisions for both our operations org and eaters
- Gathering input from city operations teams to drive the product roadmap and bringing the voice of ops to the product development process
- Communicating with city teams to understand key areas of analyses, their business impact and managing the coordination of these efforts with centrally driven functional teams
- Understanding and advising on cross-functional implications of products/features
- Supporting city operations teams with any product-related questions/concerns
- Product/feature launch communication and education for all operations teams, from messaging through to adoption
What You'll Need
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across many functions while managing several projects at once
- Experience in payments, tax compliance, risk or fraud
- Self-starter attitude--ready to seize opportunities to make an impact, even if your manager doesn't ask you to
- The ability to clearly and succinctly present information (written and verbal) to internal and external audience
- Demonstrated success in uncovering data to inform decisions
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Intermediate to advanced SQL preferred
About the Team
As Uber Eats continues expansion to hundreds of cities around the world, understanding the unique, local opportunities we're facing in different markets, and aggressively improving technology that fuels growth is critically important. On Product Ops, we strive to deeply integrate Product and Ops teams at every stage of product development. This tight collaboration ensures products deliver maximum value to our business and customers around the world.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.