About the Role
The Cities team will take the lead on shaping our strategy across different markets and will be accountable for the end experience and overall growth of the business. This will require a motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter with a passion for food and problem solving.
This person will have an eye for the macro view of our markets - you'll know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, the next part of the city we should be expanding into to maximize growth, and best strategies for competitive positioning. You'll help choose the right strategic projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
In the new US/CAN Eats structure, the Cities Teams are responsible for strategy development, decision making, planning, and innovation in their city group. The Cities Teams will work closely with the Regional Ops Team, who will focus on thought partnership, insights, and implementation.
What You'll Do
- Build a cohesive strategy for a set of markets to optimize growth, make investment/P&L recommendations and drive product improvements needed for local adoption
- Be responsible for the success of multiple markets or core functions for those markets
- Based on the strategy, you'll help to choose and drive strategic initiatives the team should prioritize, set a timeline to reach goals quickly, and see them through to completion
- You'll coordinate multiple senior stakeholders across the organization as you represent the ultimate needs of your cities and customers
- Proactively search and advocate for new product features which could improve the customer experience
- Drive strategic planning across the org taking into account competitive position, rides coverage, marketplace conditions, and strategic partner requirements
- Lead incubation of key experiments to help determine proof of concept and figure out if we should move forward with additional product/eng support
- Sample projects:
- Based on data, user insights and strategy in place you find there is a major gap on the marketplace management side - you'll build out a detailed request backed by persuasive data and to re-direct Central efforts towards stronger marketplace management to ensure reliability and longer-term eater retention
- Develop and implement proactive competitive strategy to grow category position
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of operations management experience; 3+ of those years in investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Thinks big (and out of the box) to drive step changes in our growth and innovation strategy
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems logically
- Bias toward action and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and execution
- Great collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams while holding them accountable for business results
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Strong project management skills
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.