You will ensure requirements are met for each release. As a liaison between business stakeholders, designers and developers, this role is challenged with building systems that will drive the future success of the worker management toolset. The Product Owner will own and prioritize backlog tickets and be able to adapt to changing requirements and prioritize. This person should be highly organized and detail oriented. As subject matter expert, the Product Owner will also assist Product Managers on product training, Tier 3 support, and knowledge-base articles to ensure system is used to its fullest potential.
You will be involved in every step of the process, work with our design and development teams, to deliver on our roadmap.
What we're looking for
- You must have at least 2 to 3 years of experience as a product owner working on agile web or mobile products or services. This role requires experience.
- Ability to understand product strategy and vision, gather requirements and clearly translate those into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You are self–motivated and able to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and able to communicate requirements to the UX and development teams.
- You have opinions, ask smart questions and champion new ideas, but you leave your ego at the door.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new ideas
- Experience with the agile / scrum way of working and can lead standard scrum ceremonies
Rise toward the top of the list if you have some of these items:
- Experience working directly with UX design teams
- Experience developing and launching V1 products; comfort with ambiguity and nascent markets
- Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and inform strategy
- Experience working with an CRM or LMS
Key Results Areas
The most important tasks that you do each day to win:
- Planning: Work with the Product Director and the Business to understand the Worker Management strategy, the 12 to 18 month plan, and to evolve the milestones based on client feedback and team capacity. Provide the vision and strategy to the delivery team, be the voice of the customer. Prioritize the backlog for the current rolling 3 months of work, have conversations with business and product partners regarding trade-offs when needed.
- Execution: Responsible for day-to-day product responsibilities including writing and prioritizing stories, hosting estimation and grooming sessions with delivery team, and attending team standups, retrospectives and other team meetings / outings. Execute the product roadmap to deliver solutions that delight clients and maximize market share growth, revenue and margins. Provide clear direction to the delivery team through defined product priorities, schedules and dependencies.
- Evaluation: Work with delivery team and product analytics to ensure the ability to measure and track the value being created by the solutions and features delivered. Reach out to clients to understand feedback.
- Champion of Worker Management: Provide feedback to delivery team members as needed to support the health of the team. Be a champion for the product, the delivery team and their goals. Be available to respond very quickly to client issues and help the team to problem solve.