Madison Reed is excited to be hiring for a Shift Lead in our Madison Reed Color Bar! The Shift Lead is a Team Leader: the first point of contact for clients and support for the Color Bar team as a whole. In addition to supporting the execution of client services and retail, this role is the trusted voice and partner to the Store Manager, from the big changes to the smallest details. We count on the Shift Lead to keep the business operating smoothly during the assigned shift.
- Inspire, lead, and motivate the Colorist team by example of your professionalism, by how you interact with clients, and handle stressful or challenging situations
- Help support Colorist team with client escalations and color consultation questions
- Ensure Colorists are accountable and on time for their schedules including client appointments, lunches and breaks
- Help identify and communicate with Salon Manager to resolve personnel issues (service levels, work ethics, professionalism, etc)
- Educate Colorists on Color Theory and coach the team on Madison Reed products and color
- Open/close the building and maintain facilities
- Manage client bookings
- Answer phone and emails
- Oversee daily stock levels including retail shelves, back bar supplies, and back stock.
- Ensure opening/closing checklists are complete
- Maintain cleanliness of the store and building at all times
- Ensure that the Madison-Reed store operates according to all safety and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of and advocate Color Bar promotions and current events to Colorists and Customers
- Help deliver an in-store customer experience that creates passionate Madison-Reed evangelists.
- Bring our "Love Guarantee" promise to life in the Color Bar's everyday operations and to every client.
- Willingness to wear any hat to get the job done and make our clients thrilled, including but not limited to greeting guests (welcome, offering them a beverage/seating, introducing them to their Colorist and any other communications as needed)
- Assisting Colorists to meet SLA guidelines and client satisfaction (set up color trays, prep client for color service, shampooing, etc.)
- Manage client bookings to ensure quality service and productivity
- Introduce clients to MR's brand/services/products
- Assist walk-in clients with color consultations, retail sales, and bookings.
- Aid in resolving client issues to ensure highest level of client satisfaction and team morale
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are ambitious, a self starter who acts with a sense of urgency and a problem solver, and exhibit a strong willingness to learn and grow continuously. These are the traits that allow you to navigate in an entrepreneurial environment
- You are thoughtful, accurate, and detailed - from how you execute to how you bring forth ideas to the table
- You are a strong communicator
Lastly and probably most importantly, you are the ambassador of the Madison Reed values and brand in your community, the store, to the team, and customers. You exhibit the highest level of professionalism and emotional maturity in everything you do.
Skills & Requirements:
- Licensed cosmetologist a must
- Minimum 3 years Colorist experience in a salon; previous operational or management experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced service environment
- Proven track record of consistently delivering remarkable customer service
- Leader who has experience coaching and educating a team of Colorists
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion foundin the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily