We are developing the world’s first AI-powered AR navigation platform for drivers, using our
ultra-efficient deep learning road-understanding AI. We are a group of dedicated professionals
formed out of Harvard and the Harvard Innovation Labs in 2017, bringing expertise in deep
learning, computer vision, software optimization, and UX design. We are backed by multiple
tier-1 mega VCs and Y Combinator (TechCrunch feature: https://tcrn.ch/2TQHATu). Now is the
perfect time to join our core team and revolutionize how billions of people perceive and navigate
Who You Are
Phiar’s core engineering team is looking for an experienced engineer to work on path planning
and trajectory optimization for visualizing AR navigational drive paths. This person should have
experience in developing efficient path planning, route planning, or trajectory optimization
algorithms for drones, robots, or self-driving cars.
● Help productionizing real-time path planning and trajectory optimization on Phiar’s iOS
● Research and engineer Phiar’s mobile path planning and trajectory optimization to be
more robust, light-weight, and accurate for outdoor driving environments.
● Keep up with the latest state-of-the-art path planning and trajectory optimization
research, and integrate into Phiar’s iOS mobile pipeline.
● MS or Ph.D in computer science, robotics or related fields, focusing on path and route
planning, trajectory optimization, and navigation.
● 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing and working with path planning under
uncertainty and constraints, real-time trajectory optimization, and state estimation.
● Familiar with popular search and path planning algorithms, such as A*, RRT, CC-RRT,
bug algorithm, and randomized search methods.
● Extensive software engineering experience in C/C++.
● Strong problem solver, hacker, critical and independent thinker.
● Working knowledge of recent machine learning algorithms.
● Knowledge of computational geometry.
● Experience with parallel programing using GPU or multi-core systems.
● Experience in mobile development.
Phiar is a leading AI and AR company with industry leading on-device mobile deep learning AI
technologies. We offer competitive salaries, company stock options, company sponsored
medical/dental/vision/chiro/life benefits, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and we sponsor
H1-B visas. We are a group of passionate and fun loving people. Join us to build something
amazing and let’s change the world together!
Keep up with the latest.
Get the latest updates from Norwest and insights into the venture capital world.