The Appriss Health Solutions Engineer will work with Senior Solutions Architects and partner with functional application teams to deliver strategic solutions, development support, and operational support concerning public cloud strategy, strategic architecture, and business initiative execution. Responsibilities include operational support for CICD, Serverless Solutions, Container Management, and functional development.
Minimum Requirements -Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 2 years of experience with focus on design, coding and testing in an object-oriented environment.
- Proficient in several industry leading programming languages.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience developing web-based applications using Ruby on Rails, Java or C#.
- Experience with AWS and Public Cloud Solutions/Services
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and debug all assigned components.
- Analyze application problem areas and propose solutions.
- Plan and execute unit and functional tests as required to ensure changes meet customer requirements.
- Modifies applications using appropriate tools, coding standards and best practices.
- Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times. Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management.
- Develops clear and concise documentation.
- Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or functional development teams.
- Develop expert knowledge of existing applications.
- Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Will need to be on call for engineering Support per on call schedule.
- Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes
- Will need to restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with application, support, and platform services team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be required for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.