About The Role
As a Language Manager for Arabic, you'll work closely with our Product, Brand, Marketing, Regional and Operation teams to stay ahead of localizing content for product launches, marketing initiatives, and support releases. You'll be the main point of contact to manage the work completed by external vendors, ensuring that they have the tools and coaching needed to deliver high-quality content. You're not averse to localizing high-visibility content yourself, but you also understand the importance of scaling your efforts to meet the needs of the growing business.
**What You'll Do
- Own and manage linguistic quality of digital & print assets from English into Arabic
- Work with vendor resources to deliver localized content, handling high priority and high visibility content yourself
- Dedicate time to perform LQAs of our apps & website
- Use data to determine quality trends for your language and create action plans to address any systemic issues
- Fix linguistic bugs and flag internationalization issues to the relevant product teams
- Evangelize localization services with key stakeholders in both HQ and abroad
- Continually update Style Guides and Glossaries for your language
- Liaise between Uber product teams and Localization Program Management to recommend best practices for internationally-friendly product design
- Travel to the region twice yearly to develop and maintain relationships with regional stakeholders
- Own quality for more than one language as you grow in the role
**What You'll Need
**Bonus Points If
**About The Team
At Uber, it's essential that we maintain a close connection with users regardless of which language they speak. With millions of published words, communicating messages across 500+ cities in 70+ countries, we need your help to ensure that each word is carefully chosen to match the tone and voice of Uber. As an early member of our Localization Team, you'll have the opportunity to build the local roots of an expanding global brand.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.