About the Role
This role requires the Product Marketing Manager to be the voice of the consumer and lead global product marketing across our rider pricing and matching experiences. You understand what riders think about when deciding to ride with Uber, the trade-offs they make around price and time when choosing what type of ride to take and how to translate these consumer needs into pricing and matching features to improve a rider's experience with Uber.
As Rider Pricing & Matching PMM on Marketplace, your job is to define and implement pricing strategies and matching experiences that shape the core of how our products are positioned. You're focused on connecting our riders to the Uber marketplace by increasing incentives to take Uber, while decreasing friction when they ride. This requires working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, UX Researchers, PR, Policy to build and deliver a magical experience.
What You'll Do
- Identify key user and market needs. Go deep on understanding what existing and prospective riders want. Build data-driven, actionable insights that inform product strategy.
- Be responsible for the narrative. Craft the messaging and positioning to be used across cities. Test and optimize across target audiences working closely with brand and growth marketing teams to figure out better ways to communicate.
- Develop ongoing consumer-facing strategies for pricing and matching experiences. Create and execute campaigns that impact product adoption and usage.
- Drive the global go-to-market strategy. Build and scale the go-to-market plan for rider pricing and matching products, including marketing assets, launches and feature updates in the cities we operate.
- Tell the product story. Be the product point-of-contact with PR and Policy teams to craft the benefits of Uber rider fares.
What You Need
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience delivering highly successful of go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Experience working with a cross-functional product team. Expertise handling stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Ability to compellingly articulate the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. When needed, you can also play copywriter.
- Top-notch at data-driven market research. You're driven by taking information and turning them into insights that shape game-changing product strategies. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you're strong at integrating this information into your pricing and matching strategies.
- Finger-tippinesses with data. You just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Execution-focused. You're biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- A team player. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you're focused on solving problems with your team.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
About The Team
Marketplace is the brain of Uber. The technology we build sets prices and matches riders to drivers (and to other riders for uberPOOL) in cities around the globe. This work also deeply impacts peoples lives; riders rely on us for an affordable way to get around their city and drivers for a flexible, reliable way to earn money.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.