About the Role
The Uber network relies on delightful interactions between riders and drivers. Dating back to our initial black car offering, Uber differentiates itself from other rideshare providers by offering riders an unmatched level of service quality. Drivers take pride in their service quality, and are provided both monetary and personal incentives for their efforts.
The Driver Progression Senior Product Manager's mission is to maintain and grow a commitment to high service quality. You will achieve this mission by building a "brain" that understands how to help each driver improve their service quality. What specific recommendations about service quality does the driver need to see? What channel and format should the driver receive these recommendations in? How does the driver then track progress? What motivates that progress? You'll work with a talented, motivated cross functional team of engineers, designers, data scientists, and user researchers to answer these questions, and ultimately help Uber differentiate on service quality.
What You'll Do
As the Driver Progression Senior Product Manager, you will do all of the following:
- Collaborate with Engineering, Data Science, and Design to launch and improve products that motivate high service quality. For example, you will refine the rating and tipping experiences, you will help drivers the information necessary to learn how to provide high service quality, and you will build real time signals that identify when quality is degrading such that you can offer real-time warnings and suggestions.
- Collaborate with broad parts of the product organization, including Uber Pro (a program that rewards drivers for commitment and quality) and our Marketplace, to ensure that our drivers, and the Uber network more broadly, benefit from high quality actions.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Product Manager (candidates with minimum 6 years of experience as management consultants or software engineers also considered).
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience delivering executive level presentations as well as detailed product requirement documentation.
- Prior experience collaborating with designers to launch front end features.
- Prior experience collaborating with engineers with demonstrated ability to understand and tradeoff engineering cost against business goals.
- Demonstrated analytic capability. SQL competency a plus.
Questions you'll address in the role:
- How can Uber ensure every driver understands their service quality and how to improve it?
- How can Uber motivate every driver to aspire for high quality?
- How can Uber ensure drivers are not rewarded / motivated to provide low service quality?
- How can Uber proactively identify and inform drivers that their service quality is slipping?
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.