About the Role
The role requires the Product Marketing Manager to be the voice of the customer and lead global product marketing for a set of Driver Pricing and Matching teams.
To do this, you'll dig in deeply to understand how drivers think about pricing, their work, and their earnings. Using these insights, you'll develop product positioning that shapes product strategy and deeply resonates with our customers.
Then, as a leader of a cross-functional team of PMs, Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, Communications and Public Policy professionals, you'll bring products to market and grow engagement and effectiveness through both the in-app experience and through a wide range of owned, earned, and paid marketing channels.
What You'll Do
Identify key user and market needs: go deep on understanding driver needs and decision-making around Pricing and Matching; create data-driven, actionable insights
- Own the narrative: Craft the positioning and messaging that shapes our product and marketing strategy; test and optimize across target audiences working closely with our brand and growth marketing teams to improve communication across the driver experience
- Drive the go-to-market strategy: Build and scale the go-to-market plan for Driver Pricing and Matching products, including launch plans and marketing creative and content
- Develop ongoing education and engagement campaigns: Create and execute campaigns that impact product adoption and usage
- Tell the product story: Be the subject matter expert for Marketing, Communications, and Policy teams to craft broader stories about the benefits of driving with Uber
What You Need
- Minimum of 3+ years experience delivering highly successful products: the product, go-to-market, and growth strategies have your fingerprints all over them and you're very proud of what you've accomplished
- Top-notch at data-driven market research: you know your market, customers, and competition, and you're skilled at bringing this information into your marketing strategies
- Positioning guru: You're scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create; you can develop strategic positioning, a strong messaging hierarchy, and effective content strategy plan; you can also play copywriter
- Execution-focused: You're biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier; you never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something head-on; you persevere when others fall away;
- Experience working with a cross-functional product team, expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology and operations model
About the Team
Marketplace is the brain of Uber. The technology we build sets prices and matches riders to drivers (and to other riders for uberPOOL) in cities around the globe. This work also deeply impacts peoples lives; riders rely on us for an affordable way to get around their city and drivers for a flexible, reliable way to earn money.
The Driver Pricing and Matching teams are tackling some of the hardest problems in ridesharing. Our work sits at the intersection of machine learning and a complex set of customer needs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.