About the Role
We're hiring a seasoned design lead for our Financial Products team, focusing on the future of our partner driver earnings experience. Our cross-functional product team is responsible for one of Uber's fastest-growing and highest-priority areas: figuring out how to create new and engaging product experiences for our partners, riders and eaters. This includes creating a unified experience across all of our mobile platform experience working in collaboration with our teams in San Francisco and Amsterdam.
Learn more about our design team and the work being done at https://www.uber.design
What You'll Do
- You love to take conceptual ideas and turn them into an elegant user experience.
- You love storytelling. Your ideas are born from insights and your proposals are grounded and principled.
- Your portfolio reflects quality work, thoughtful decision-making and good taste--but most importantly, your interests lie in crafting cohesive user experiences.
- You love to roll up your sleeves and focus on expanding the value of our customer base through rapid, data-informed experimentation.
- You keep the customer in mind at all times while understanding Uber's goal in a competitive landscape.
- You know how to set the bar high. Uber ships at a regular cadence. You know what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship high-quality products with minimal impact on velocity.
- You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to help designers become the collaborative glue that creates a product with high quality.
- You partner with Product Managers, UX Researchers, Content Strategist and Engineers to ensure the user experience conveys the vision that was set forth originally.
- You craft product experiences that seamlessly bridge multiple touchpoints in mobile interfaces and the physical world.
- You can operate with autonomy, make strategic decisions, and embody empathic understanding of your users and problem space.
What You'll Need
- Portfolio that features user-centric and creative branding, design, marketing, and digital work
- Experience leading creative work
- 6+ years of experience designing for brand and product, a plus if you have experience in financial products
- Track record of working in cross-functional teams
- Experience in brand & product design, project strategy, and content strategy
- Experience working in data-driven environment
- Ability to solve complex design problems for global markets
- Presentation, interpersonal, cross-functional partnership experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.