Knotel is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to power insights across the entire company. Data is at the core of what we do. It is how we get insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital products. In this role, the Data Analyst will closely collaborate with our data engineering team and departmental stakeholders to develop robust analytical solutions. Initially, he/she will be responsible for the BI component of Knotel’s modular data architecture (Stitch, Snowflake, DBT, Mode/Looker).
What You’ll Do
- Cross-functional collaboration from start to finish; from gathering stakeholder BI requirements to validation deliverables meet user needs
- Review/validate data modeling layer meets stakeholder BI requirements
- Review/validate ETL pipeline design provides necessary data
- Develop new data models (DBT/LookML) where necessary under guidance of data engineering team
- Develop customized reports, visualization, and analysis
- Provide day-to-day administration of BI tools (privacy, group management, etc.)
- Validate canonical metrics/definitions are documented in metadata management system
- Serve as an expert/resource that educates users how best to leverage Knotel data
Who You Are
You’re passionate about data. You are naturally curious about everything (Marketing, Growth, Operations, Product, etc) and apply quantitative information to solve business challenges. You know how to design, build, and manage BI systems. Listening and collaboration are core competencies, and you excel delivering solutions regardless of stakeholder analytical proficiency. In addition to maintaining a robust/resilient BI system, you ship new insights on time. You also have the following:
- 2+ years working with a data warehouse/BI-tool (Snowflake experience is a plus)
- 1+ years experience with Looker (LookML, Explores, Dashboards, and administration) and/or similar self-service BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in a startup data environment; exposure to common tools is a plus (Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Experience synthesizing information and communicating takeaways to diverse audience
- Knowledge of traditional relational databases (Postgres)
- Strong foundation in SQL with exposure to Jinja/Liquid a plus
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts and familiarity or willingness to learn DBT
- Enthusiasm for operating in a version-controlled (GitHub or similar) analytic code environment
- Practice data visualization and dashboard design best practices
- Familiarity with R and/or Python is positive but not a requirement
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.