Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
At Policygenius we’re fortunate to have founders and leadership that recognize design as our primary problem-solving tool--not just as a means to an end. This means no thankless slogs trying to get support on major design/product projects. We’re all aware that our task is to reshape the way real people make informed decisions about their safety nets, and that design & research play a major role in those journeys.
In fact, the product & design teams focus nearly 60% of their time on their discovery backlogs; lining up experiments and prototypes in order to validate or invalidate our riskiest assumptions first. Understanding and having empathy for our real, human users is at the center of our approach to building product and we’re very excited to be expanding the design team!
- Report to the Chief Design Officer and partner with leaders in Product and Engineering
- Manage and develop a team of driven & thoughtful designers tackling both internal and consumer-facing challenges
- Own the design roadmap prioritization for multiple teams
- Be involved in the entire product design life-cycle – from generative research through prototyping, launch, and post-launch iterations.
- Facilitate design reviews and workshops
- Aid in recruiting, nurturing and retaining best-in-class talent
- Help mature our design system as well as our design process
- Motivate teams to keep things simple, focused, and intuitive for our real, human users
- A Product Design leader with 10+ years experience (including at least 2+ in management) preferably in consumer-focused environments
- Excited to tackle a monster, consumer-facing challenge being experienced by millions everyday
- Experienced working with product managers and engineers to ship a high impact product
- Comfortable leading teams through periods of great company growth
- Skilled in Agile design, AB testing, and KPI measurement for UX
- Comfortable taking the wheel to tackle complex and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Excited to help shape our design team culture here at Policygenius and looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)