Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
At Policygenius, we believe user research is our primary tool to de-risk what we build before we build it, as well as understand and improve its performance after launch. The product & design teams focus nearly 60% of their time on their discovery backlogs; lining up experiments and prototypes in order to validate or invalidate our riskiest assumptions first. Understanding and having empathy for our real, human users is at the center of our approach to building product and we’re very excited to be expanding the research team!
- Report to the Chief Design Officer and partner with the full product team to identify key problems, find the right solutions, and usher them into reality
- Audit & improve the research capabilities and toolbox of the product & design teams
- Help designers and PMs conduct & evaluate research within their teams
- Plan and carry out research efforts for more robust/intensive studies
- Be the lens through which teams can reframe their core customer problems
- Help craft compelling stories behind findings and their practical implications
- Follow & shape research outcomes all the way through into live product
- Close the learning loop by reconciling new findings and broadcasting them to the team
- A user researcher with 5+ years of experience within product organizations
- Excited to tackle a monster, consumer-facing challenge being experienced by millions everyday
- Significantly experienced working with key company stakeholders, and at your best when you’re educating teams about user research
- Adept at cross-functional communication
- Comfortable taking the wheel to tackle complex and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Excited to help shape our research culture here at Policygenius and looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)