As the Head of People & Culture at Wyze, you will work closely with the COO, CEO and the Executive Team to support Wyze’s vision & mission by building the Wyze employment brand, delivering an outstanding employee experience, and curating an exceptional company culture.
This is a role for an experienced leader. You will focus on building and developing the People Ops function; this will include partnering with Recruiting, Business Operations and the leadership team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the People Operations function across all teams, including employee engagement, leadership and employee development, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, safety and health, change management, employee communications, and compensation and benefits.
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, outstanding communication skills, self-motivation, sound judgment and the ability to partner with employees across all functions and levels of the company.
We want to hear the voice of our teams as we hear the voice of our users. Your focus on employee engagement and your passion for employee development are critical to Wyze’s success and ongoing growth.
- Serve as a thought partner and adviser to the COO, CEO and Leadership Team around all People Operations-related policies, programs and initiatives
- Provide analysis and insight that allows stakeholders to make informed decisions based on a full understanding of Wyze culture and employee/business needs
- Partner with the Executive Team and the Recruiting Manager to plan short, medium, and long-term people needs and build and deliver on plans for hiring
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Executive Team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement strategic solutions supporting business growth and employee engagement and retention
- Build and maintain road-map of company events and team activities across all locations that reinforce Wyze values and keep us a great place to work
- Lead the organization to deliver best-in-class people operations – including recruiting and retention, performance management/internal review processes, on-boarding, orientation, learning and development and employee relations
- Develop and manage benefit and compensation programs that are market competitive and compelling to candidates
- Provide strategic leadership in order to build and maintain robust performance management with a focus on continuous improvement, talent and organizational development, workforce planning, career pathing, and succession planning capability
- Ensure compensation policy and processes are in alignment so that employees receive incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Identify gaps between current organizational capabilities and future strategic objectives of the organization, and develop plans to close those gaps
- Design and lead the organization’s strategy around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Determine where technology can be used to automate systems and processes, reduce costs and create efficiencies in the Human Resources function
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local laws pertaining to all employee matters
The Ideal Candidate:
- Our ideal candidate will have a people or business-related Bachelor’s degree.
- This person will be an innovative, collaborative, and action oriented People Operations professional with 7+ years of experience, including 5+ years leadership role in technology and consumer internet companies
- Is a leader with experience planning, designing and implementing a comprehensive set of People Operations initiatives that meet the business objectives of the company, and also supports and advocates for the employees.
- Is passionate about people development, with ability to translate that passion into programs that build employee engagement and develop employees at all levels
- Is a leader with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team-building and coaching, and the ability to guide people through change.
- Will be intellectually curious, a problem solver with deep People Operations knowledge and will build a solid knowledge of Wyze. An executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility.
- Has strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, Immigration and best practices
- Is a hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun
- Has a strong work ethic, is a self-starter, and is willing to do what it takes to deliver
- Embodies the highest ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
- Is able to operate at a strategic as well as operational level
- Has executive presence and ability to lead and influence by example
- Is emotionally intelligent and self-aware, collaborative and supportive nature