About the Role
We are looking for a product manager to drive the vision, roadmap and delivery of the next gen experiences with insurance. This is a highly visible and strategic role. Your charter is to build features that will increase awareness of insurance products amongst our users, from on-boarding to retention. You will build an extensible product framework that will apply to a broad variety of scenarios, from user types to business lines, to be able to scale globally. The role demands both, seeing the big picture and identifying strategically important problems, as well as ability to dive deep into opportunities for meaningful improvements to help attract and retain users, where protection products are a business enabler and engagement driver. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we are embarking on building novel solutions in a century old industry (insurance) for our users in a multi-modality world. This is a highly cross-functional role and you will work with talented teams across insurance business, collaborate with other product managers (e.g. driver, rider, eats, jump, freight etc.,) data science, marketing, and legal to name a few.
What You'll Do
- You will craft strategy, own roadmap, and build products that increase the awareness of protection on Uber platform amongst our users. You will strive to make the experience with insurance intuitive, pleasant, and informative. You will scale features across business lines globally, from Ridesharing, through Eats, to Freight.
- You will work with cross-functional teams to jointly develop innovative approaches to protection products across user journeys.
- You will build strong connections with internal teams to understand their needs to inform the roadmap. You will capture these opportunities in product requirements.
- You will drive execution working closely with design, engineering, data science, legal across the globe to ensure a robust framework for external product and underlying services.
- You will continuously measure progress against set goals and solicit critical feedback to ensure maximum impact and learning
What You'll Need
- You are a thought leader, passionate about technology who can dive into the details, creative in coming up with new solutions and able to execute on delivering uniquely challenging projects.
- Solid business sense - you can see how impacting one lever in a complex system affects many others.
- Demonstrated passion for designing user experiences at scale
- Not afraid to take a deep dive into metrics and data whether it's to diagnose a problem, evaluate a solution or propose a new KPI. You have experience using analytics tools, you love experiment frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and structured approach to managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies across global systems/teams.
About the Team
With 'Stand for Safety' being the #1 priority for the company, our Safety and Insurance product team has very ambitious product plans to keep our riders and drivers safe and protected. We are looking for amazing product talent to help us fulfill this goal.
As Uber has expanded to more than 65 countries and hundreds of cities in the world, our Insurance team plays a key strategic role in ensuring that millions of our driver partners and riders feel confident that they are protected when on Uber platform. Insurance team's goal is to bring the right products and experiences to our users globally, using cutting edge technologies to give them peace of mind and help recover from the unexpected.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.