About The Role
We are a nimble and highly impactful team responsible for shaping product vision and strategy. The team is responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here and now: Digging into data, uncovering insights, then developing and socializing a viewpoint on where to play and how to win across multiple time horizons
The team reports directly to the Head of Product and works closely with the CTO and tech leadership to prioritize and drive strategic initiatives, and consists of representatives from product management, analytics, and operations.
**What You'll do
- Prioritizing key strategy initiatives based on impact through a data-driven approach
- Anticipate and proactively solve long term product challenges through a deep understanding of business and product dynamics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing, finance, and business development with a focus on the payments tech area
- Champion effective decision making culture within the payments organization to foster accountability and rigorous decision-making
- Collaborate with leadership to drive strategic planning and run core operations/business cadence.
- Align functions on shared vision, OKRs, KPIs, metrics, etc.
- Partner with the leadership and their extended teams to drive the communication and execution within the organization
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations. Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs.
What you'll need
- BA/BS degree (EE/CS, MBA degree a plus)
- 5+ years of work experience at a management consulting firm, tech investment banking and/or product management or bizops at a fast-growing technology company.
- Strong expertise in business analytics and strategy, ability to distill immense datasets to drive strategic decisions
- A deep understanding of consumer products and the unique challenges of a double-sided marketplace
- A consumer product mindset with a near-unreasonable high bar for user experience tradeoffs for business benefits
- High degree of comfort with C-level communications and problem solving
- Technical depth that enables you to break down technical complexity and drive problems to conclusion with the engineering team.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch
- Grittiness and comfort with ambiguity
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.