About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Manager, ASC 740 Special Projects to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Tax Manager, ASC 740 Special Projects. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Provide technical support on a wide variety of complex income tax accounting issues, serving as a technical resource for the tax accounting team.
- Participate in all stages of pending tax planning transactions, providing guidance in accordance with ASC 740 and effectively communicating ASC 740 requirements to department leaders.
- Support due diligence for potential future mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting of various ad hoc scenarios, including tax controversy and planning initiatives.
- Monitor emerging issues in U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting, as well as proposed changes in tax laws, and assess the financial statement impact.
- Assist with the preparation of income tax accounting memoranda to document analysis and conclusions for complex transactions.
- Ensure all local tax accounting issues are properly analyzed, supported, and documented, including valuation allowance positions, unrecognized tax benefits, M&A transactions, and impacts of pending legislation.
- Ensure the accuracy of all tax related research and data as it relates the global tax provision.
- Assist with internal tax control documentation for corporate income tax planning transactions and ensure compliance with internal tax controls.
- Partner with regional tax and accounting experts as well as internal and external auditors.
- Assist with the review of income tax returns as it relates to the reporting of non-routine transactions.
- Complete other special projects as needed
What You'll Need
- Minimum years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years of corporate ASC 740 on corporate income tax experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Extensive working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and ASC 740.
- Strong organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision and Oracle is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills is a plus.
Bonus Points if
- Public Accounting/Big 4 experience is a plus
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
About the Team
This team oversees non routine tax transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions. They closely partner with compliance and legal teams and provide strategic guidance on ASC 740-10 topics.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.