About the Role
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber.
We are looking for a lawyer for our Global Marketing & Advertising legal team. Key projects will be working with the performance marketing team on ad tech issues and the restaurant marketing team from Uber Eats on restaurant marketing deals and promotions. The right person is eager for a challenge.
This position will be based either in New York City, NY or San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do
- Provide ongoing legal support for Uber's various marketing and advertising activities, with a focus on advanced media and technology (i.e., behavioral advertising, location targeting, connected devices, etc…)
- Draft and negotiate key contracts such as co-marketing deals, terms and conditions for digital advertising buys, production deals, adtech agreements, and sponsorships
- Coordinate with global stakeholders across Legal, Marketing, Product Platform, Uber Eats, Privacy and Security
- Continually educate the business and Legal colleagues on marketing law developments and best practices by creating and maintaining playbooks and conducting internal trainings
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes and drive implementation
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with Marketing, Privacy, Ad tech
- CA or NY bar admission
- Experience advising on marketing, privacy, ad tech, and new technology issues
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and detail focused
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Self-reliant and able to prioritize workload
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
About the Team
The Marketing legal team is charged with fostering compliance with marketing and advertising laws; counseling on various marketing and promotional initiatives, including cause marketing, digital and affiliate marketing, and social media; working on marketing, promotional and ad technology agreements; and helping Uber promote its brand and communicate to riders, drivers, and the public at large about its products and services.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.