About the Role
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're scaling our most impactful processes and initiatives, supporting markets, and driving innovation in the business. The Courier Onboarding team focuses on growth in our US and Canada markets. We aim to make it as easy as possible for new delivery partners to access our platforms while ensuring that we balance our growth needs with robust vetting and compliance mechanisms. The team is responsible for ensuring we're well supplied with couriers in all of our active markets while balancing acquisition costs.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires proficiency to set and drive the strategic vision of our Courier Onboarding Team as well as manage the ongoing operations of the team. During this period of hyper-growth, we need leaders who can excel in ambiguity and work cross-functionally across the entire Uber organization.
What You'll Do
- Own short and long-term vision for Courier Onboarding and related acquisition processes
- Manage throughput of the Courier Onboarding funnel to ensure we're bringing couriers onto the Eats platform at a high conversion level, quickly, and with a high degree of satisfaction
- Manage our overall acquisition budget and balance spend across our diverse set of markets and acquisition channels
- Develop and lead a team of project managers responsible for supporting the courier funnel
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the experience for different cohorts of prospective courier partners, including cars, motorbikes, and bicycles
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy, and operating model changes
- Communicate project and team updates to key Uber and Uber Eats leaders
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6-8 years of professional experience in project management, consulting, high growth operations or startup environment or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing teams
- Strong and proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and the ability to manage cross-functional projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong quantitative and analytic fluency and intuition
- Outstanding communication skills, including public speaking, business writing, and the ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members effectively, set team goals, guide people to their highest levels of performance, and through challenging situations
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our community. You view every customer interaction as a chance to impact our courier partners in a positive way
Bonus Points If
- SQL proficiency
- MBA or advanced degree
About the Team
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to drive innovation, scale our most impactful processes and initiatives and support various Uber Eats markets. You will lead high performing teams, as well as innovate on Courier Onboarding processes to grow the business. This role will work closely with cross-functional and cross-team counterparts to lead high impact initiatives across the US & Canada.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.