About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer on the Uber Eats team, you'll take on tough interaction and service design challenges, and you'll work on big new ideas that will transform how people eat. You'll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers and some of the world's best designers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. You'll make magic by crafting and shipping delicious and delightful experiences for people around the world. As a senior member of our design team, you'll also help to mentor and lead other members of our growing team.
About Uber Eats Design
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to realize our mission of eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they'll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be, and we're just getting started.
What you'll do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers across 6 continents. There will be ample opportunities for domestic and international travel for research and inspiration
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Eats experience
- Help to mentor and lead other members of our growing design team
What you'll need
- 5+ years experience as a product designer, but potentially much more - we are hiring at all levels including senior- and staff-level design leaders.
- Ability to solve complex design problems, such as those in a multi-sided marketplace.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work. Experience working on both tools and consumer experience is a plus.
- Effective prototyping skills.
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web and mobile design patterns (and when to break them)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.