Uber for Business (U4B) is rapidly expanding and is positioned to be the next growth engine for Uber. The Uber for Business team builds products, services, and experiences that give organizations the power to run and grow their business through Uber's services. Over 100,000 businesses such as Salesforce, Goldman Sachs, Dell, Wunderman, Zillow Group, Adroll and more have enrolled into our programs. We are a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture; and have a wide breadth of work stemming from new product offerings such as Uber Health and Uber Central.
As a Frontend Engineer on the Uber for Business team, you will build web-based products and APIs that target new audiences and high value scenarios. You will architect, build, launch, and improve products that touch the lives of millions of riders and patients globally.
Sounds awesome? Come join us and help fuel the future of transportation.
What You'll Need
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Java, Node.js, Python, Redis, Kafka, Golang or similar).
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have experience building systems for scale.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. You bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.