About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager on the Eats Risk and Compliance team to streamline business risk and compliance operations across verticals (restaurants, courier, eater and marketplace) in the US/CA mega-region.
Eats is growing rapidly, and our restaurant base's profiles and needs are evolving. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, the Regional Operations Manager will be instrumental in driving the SOX process and compliance standards forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can resolve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive into the details.
What You'll Do
- Operational Excellence: Engage in root cause analysis and work with the appropriate groups to recommend controls and solutions when researching systems, risk events, operational processes, and new regulatory initiatives. Be responsible for specifying and sourcing applicable operations' data, analyzing the information to identify the principal sources of risk and to provide management reporting to assist management in making better informed operational business decisions with a focus on forward looking metrics.
- Process Improvement: Provide feedback to the Eats line of business around risks, controls, testing, remediation and reporting, and be the subject matter expert on cross-functional operational risk initiatives/projects. Support process improvement efforts in implementing control protocols into operational workflow.
- Monitoring: Produce value added risk identification and reporting which impacts senior management decision making. Develop key initiatives related to improving controls or implementing new regulations. Track risk issues that have surfaced by various team members, and triage the list of issues to address organizational priorities.
- Training: Educate operations team about operational risk, and partners with others across the organization to provide continuing education to operations team about restaurant, courier and eater risk.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis: You'll evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and collaborate with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible.
- Partnerships: Manage regional relationships with key business partners.
- Seize Opportunities: You'll take ownership of Uber's growth in US & Canada and find creative new solutions and follow through.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems. Accounting, Finance. Operations, Law or similar field
- 3+ years of auditing / risk consulting / process improvement with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Business Writing Analytical chops - excellent Process Documentation and Excel skills required
- Creative problem solving - we're building the foundation of how our business solves safety compliance challenges on Uber Eats. This means using what we've already learned and solving new problems from scratch
- Excellent project management - You'll work cross-functionally on a daily basis
- Presentation skills - demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences (internal and external); ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Strong relationship management - you'll spend a lot of time working with internal partners to successfully launch and scale Safety standards (ex-client management experience a plus)
Bonus Points If
- SQL skills strongly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.