At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
We are looking for a Senior Video Software Engineer based in Mountain View, CA to work on the team that is mission critical in building our cloud-based, world-class video, and content sharing experiences. Your role at BlueJeans will be to
- Innovate and create a world-class experience for our subscribers.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the media (video/screen casting) stack used in our cutting-edge video conferencing platform.
- As a member of the team, your contributions will be integrated into a massively parallel, multimedia system.
- The video functions of the BlueJeans service provide consistent life-like video, and content share under varying network conditions and varying end-point quality to empower effective collaboration among groups of people.
- 5+ years experience in implementing Video, and/or Content or Screen Sharing algorithms (3+ years of in depth experience developing in C/C++)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Deep understanding of video codec technologies (H.264, HEVC, VP8, VP9, etc)
- Deep understanding of image / video processing
- Experience designing and/or integrating real-time multimedia solutions
- Shoulder responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines.
- Be a strong team player, with integrity and accountability, that can work flexibly within an Agile product development process
- Have a demonstrable track record of providing world class quality real-time media experiences.