About the Role
At Uber, providing excellent customer support to our users is a core feature of our product experience. For the Uber Eats space, it's imperative that we maintain that level of customer service while scaling to meet the needs of a new and rapidly growing business.
As a Program Manager for the US&C Eats CommOps team, you will advance initiatives throughout the organization by steering interdepartmental and cross functional teams to integrate process and technology improvements, as well as work closely with external stakeholders to stay up to date with the newest trends and launches. You'll need excellent stakeholder management, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. It requires somebody highly versatile and well rounded, who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
This role will be located in New York or San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of 2-3 Project Managers to drive fast, consistent, and high quality support to our customers every day.
- Improve operational performance by using a data-driven approach for issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts.
- Create actionable, specific KPIs and support metrics for the Eats support program
- Provide project updates and gain stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger Community Operations goals; ensure projects are properly defined and scoped with Charters that include well-written problem statements and quantifiable goals and baseline data.
- Be the subject matter expert for best support practices obtained internally and externally.
- Be on the forefront of trends impacting the Eats support program.
- Be the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, agents or other stakeholders in the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and QA content and policies for agents to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand of support is consistent and effective.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- Experience building efficient processes that scale across a large organization
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders, powered by data-driven insight
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving and driving action
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills across diverse functions and teams
- Demonstrated success in uncovering data to inform customer-oriented decisions
- Experience facilitating behavior change within organizations
- Experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy or quality assurance
- A passion for positive disruption and the constant improvement of the food delivery industry
Bonus Points if
- Experience with customer support strategy
- People management experience a plus
About the Team
The Uber Eats CommOps team is responsible for the customer support experience for all Uber Eats users in the United States and Canada.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.