About the Role
The Creative Production team is looking for an Business Affairs Manager to help us continue to shape the Uber brand. This person must be a highly collaborative and efficient communicator with Legal/ Business Affairs and Production experience at a creative agency, who is solutions-oriented, and possesses the ability to think quickly on their feet.
What You'll Do:
- Review and guide creative campaigns from a Business Affairs perspective, from creative ideation through final delivery.
- Prepare and review contracts for integrated creative campaigns, manage third party clearances, and help solve legal and business production problems.
- Day to day duties will include:
- Reviewing concepts, storyboards, scripts; flagging potentially risky material and escalating as needed.
- Preparing and negotiation releases, waivers, and select contracts through to execution.
- Liaise with legal to facilitate reviews and obtain final approvals prior to air.
- Conduct initial trademark reviews and initiate full searches through Uber IP Legal.
- Organize, build out and update Business Affairs resources page for the Marketing team.
- Advise on SAG-AFTRA guidelines (when applicable), including preparing estimates, talent
- contracts, session reports and final casts.
- Pay session, holding fees, usage and renegotiations in compliance with SAG-AFTRA and AFM guidelines.
- Work with payroll service to ensure timely talent and crew payments according to contract.
- Secure consent and clear rights when referencing third party assets within Uber's marketing material.
- Music licensing including researching and clearing publishing and master rights.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Uber Legal & Business Affairs procedures and policies.
- Manage job closings with producers and any transfer of assets from outside agencies.
- Maintain usage tracker and alert stakeholders to rights expirations.
What You'll Need:
- Experience; College degree and 4+ years of work experience in Business Affairs, Legal, Advertising, or Production.
- Strong understanding of all types of production agreements and relevant terms. Knowledge of SAG/AFTRA and AFM a plus.
- Problem-Solver; you're solutions-oriented and approach new situations with a collaborative figure it out mentality.
- Ownership; you're comfortable taking ownership over certain aspects of a project and not afraid to ask questions.
- Highly Collaborative; you'll work with all parts of the organization to empower and encourage implementation of new and evolving processes.
- Effective Communicator; maintain transparency on workload while handling multiple projects independently and simultaneously.
- Organized; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work.
- Respectful; you can work cross functionally and manage up and down with ease.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.