About the Role
The Uber Everything team is developing Uber's next set of businesses building on Uber as a platform. You will be involved in some of the new exciting business lines, such as Uber Eats, coming out of Uber. This is a unique opportunity to join the fast-growing Uber Everything business organization.
We're looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to create a new business within Uber. In this role, you will be responsible for driving business strategy, executing through strategic partnerships, and leading a global cross-functional team to scale these new business initiatives. You will report to the Head of Strategy, Business Development for Uber Everything.
What You'll Do
- Drive Uber Everything business strategy to define, launch, and scale strategic and operational initiatives
- Evaluate strategic partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Source, negotiate, and implement strategic partnerships in support of a business thesis or business model
- Develop deep relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market master plan
- Understand business model implications and communicate in a financially grounded way
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization
- Lead global cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives by measuring the impact and efficiency of new partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Support internal strategic planning processes
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or a strategy role in a high growth technology company
- Minimum 2 years of internal stakeholder management experience with demonstrated excellence for driving new strategic initiatives
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- Proven track record with use of insights and data-driven decision making
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- An extremely proactive, self starter mentality with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- Explorer mentality with the ability to self-serve, investigate, and obtain the data to make you more effective in this role
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space and food industry
- MBA is preferred, but not required
About the Team
The Uber Everything Business Development team leads business strategy and executes partnerships that have scaled impact on our customers, merchant partners and courier partners.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.