About the Role
As the Director, Head of Finance - New Mobility (NeMo) you will lead the Strategic Finance team in partnering with the NeMo business and supporting its mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. NeMo's scope includes electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, mopeds, and more. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding.
You will be a key member of the Uber NeMo and Strategic Finance leadership team, partnering with leaders across various functions to support the global business. You will drive the operating cadence, financial planning, as well as extracting key insights from the business to support strategic decisions.
If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships: Work closely with the regional and function leaders for NeMo to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Financial planning: You will be the primary point of contact for all things finance for all cities across the global (including forecasting and goal setting)
- Sophisticated financial modeling: You and your team will be part of the team setting pricing, assessing new products, and measuring impact. You will need to lead sophisticated modeling that will be part of the launch decisions of these initiatives.
- Business Analysis - This role involves connecting financial insights to operational results, and the external environment
- Think strategically and then execute: Be a strategic partner to the NeMo leadership team around key decisions and strategy - then work to operationalize our insights
- Develop the team: Grow and develop your team while partnering across the Strategic Finance to add to our team norms, mission, career paths, and goals
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Partner with Accounting and Tax: Work closely with accounting and tax to provide input on management reporting needs and connect operations to tax impacts
- Special projects and deal support: New initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the ability to lead cross functional projects
- Innovate: We will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- A minimum of 15+ years in Corporate Finance, Banking, FP&A but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- Technology, Marketplace, or Transportation experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.