LendingClub is hiring a Consumer Insights Researcher to help bring research to the next level, providing insights to a high performing marketing team and highlighting campaigns, products and services that allow our customers to thrive and LendingClub to be the number one online credit marketplace. Interested in disrupting an industry and providing an alternative to the traditional banking system?
Our research team drives the development of customer insights behind our design, product and marketing decisions and strategy. We're looking for someone who is passionate about people and has a consistent record of conducting research projects across different research methodologies with cross-functional teams. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who has a thorough knowledge of market research methodologies and their applications to business problems.
What You'll Do
- Act as a champion for identification of our customers’ needs and goals
- Define, plan, conduct, and analyze market research in a fast-paced environment
- Support audience-based marketing rollouts, campaign initiatives, advertising investments through testing and provide actionable recommendations
- Regularly contribute to the development of new market research techniques that apply to our customers and business goals
- Effectively select and apply research methodologies and execute with rigor
- Manage multiple projects at once, which may include: audience and category assessments, persona development, brand tracking and awareness, voice of the customer, value prop testing and more
- Engage as a strategic partner and actively identify new opportunities for delivering actionable customer insights and great customer-centered and business results
- Translate research findings into clear business implications and drive increased interest for research through presentations and events
- You hold a BA/BS, preferably Masters, in Business, Marketing, Political Science, Communications, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- You have an insatiable and demonstrated curiosity to answer the question “why?”
- You navigate complexity and ambiguity successfully to get to the core questions that need to be answered
- You are a customer-focused thinker with 3+ years experience leading market research for consumer web products or as part of a consultancy
- You have experience with several of the following: survey writing, survey programming platforms, survey analysis, ethnographic research, longitudinal research, NPS, segmentation, benchmarking, in depth customer interviews, concept testing, statistical analysis packages (R, SPSS, etc.)
- You have excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to adjust your approach to accommodate your audience
- You are comfortable leading efforts with minimal supervision
- You apply the latest methodologies and keep up to date on your craft and practice
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.