The Chief Data Officer, reporting in to our Chief Risk Officer, will establish and ensure adherence to a framework for data governance policies, standards and practices, both at the enterprise and business level, with a goal of achieving the required level of consistency and quality to meet overall business needs.
What You'll Do
- Establish and govern an Enterprise Data Roadmap including defining strategic priorities for development of information-based business capabilities and the management and delivery of data throughout the enterprise.
- Roll out data enterprise wide data governance framework, with focus on organization, policies, principles, and standards, governance metrics, processes and practices, technology related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data management and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between business areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements / value cases are well understood and considered as part of initiative / program planning and prioritization processes
- Develop and maintain inventory of information assets, including catalogue of “golden” copies
- Facilitate the development of data standards and adoption requirements
- Define indicators of performance and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements, as well as other overall intent of the global data roadmap
- Lead the Enterprise Data Governance Steering Committee to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from business data governance officers
- In conjunction with the CTO and CRO, provide progress reports to executive management and oversee periodic updates to the Enterprise Data Roadmap
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the executive table
- Monitor and promote best practices related to information asset management
- 10+ years of professional experience, 5+ years of relevant experience in data gorvernance
- Experience within a regulated field or technology company preferred
- Expert knowledge of data quality analytics monitoring and evalution; data governance process management; data roadmap program oversight
- Team player, able to influence, collaborate, negotiate and solve problems with business partners and expert teams across the organizational lines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificities of our unique business model, advanced technology capabilities, and evolving regulatory environment
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered
- Comfortable with balancing multiple and competing priorities
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.