The Purchase Finance business is a rare group within LC that combines a B2B and a B2C framework to do one thing, and one thing only- help people afford and enjoy significant life events. That is the most important metric we are focused on.
As a Key Account Manager, you'll be responsible for achieving and maintaining territory sales goals through new client acquisition, excellent client service, and management of existing account relationships.
What You'll Do
Achieve Sales Objectives:
- Grow an assigned sales territory to achieve and exceed forecasted goal.
- Follow up with sales leads generated through incoming calls, advertising campaigns and other promotional efforts. Contact clients via telephone to register and follow up to provide training, support and new product information.
- Cultivate long term business relationships with key clients in the territory.
- Develop general and client specific sales strategies based on territory reports and analysis that will enable targeting of the accounts that will have the biggest impact on the assigned territory
- Effectively manage time between acquisition and retention of accounts to craft the optimal client experience and improve client revenue.
- Provide accurate client and territory information for the development of potential usage forecasts.
- Apply knowledge of LendingClub's products and services to best meet client needs.
- Implement marketing strategies and tools provided in strategic ways to provide the best return on investment.
- Share feedback on LendingClub offerings with marketing and senior management.
- Collect and report competitive information and develop ways to minimize territory attrition and continue to acquire market share.
- Assist with and help resolve client complaints as needed in a timely manner. Notify management of any recurring issues and propose corrective actions.
- Understand and support company sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to all clients.
- Accompany other sales team members to trade shows to provide prospective clients information regarding company products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A basic understanding of financing and lending
- Software, Internet and Database skills (knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing)
- Flexibility to work west coast hours, which may include working until 7pm or 8pm EST
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.