The Identity and Access Management Engineer (IAM) will be part of the Corporate Technology team and will directly engage with the business to perform analysis activities around role mining, building, implementing RBAC using role management technologies (SailPoint IdentityNow), onboarding apps for provisioning , designing workflows, and enabling compliance.
What You'll Do
- Liaise between business and technology stakeholders to support the implementation SailPoint Identity Now Governance platform.
- Work with IAM architects, application developers, consultants and vendors to analyze business requirements, business specific IAM scenarios, document and define processes that meet the business needs of the company.
- Communicating with stakeholders and helping stakeholders understand different implementation options at business and technical level.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to identify Segregation of Duties (SOD) and defining policy in IAM software to enforce that policy.
- Work within a team to add application functionality and solve business problems using standard project management/business analysis lifecycle practices.
- Experience to function as business analyst with hands-on configuration experience.
- Be a subject matter expert with all things related to SAML, OAuth & SSO setup.
- Strong communication skills
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, MIS
- 5+ years’ experience in developing, implementing or architecting IAM solutions
- 4+ years’ experience with installation, configuration, development, and deployment with SailPoint preferably SailPoint IdentityNow
- Experience with Okta, and Active Directory .
- Experience with key Identity governance concepts (Identity Lifecycle, Roles, SOD, workflow development, birthright access, privilege access, Federation and SSO)
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub
- Knowledge of SAML, Oauth2, OIDC and experience with Identity and Access Management
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.