Here at Lending Club as a Sr Software Engineer, you’ll work on the platform that is transforming the banking industry. We’re looking for talented Software Engineers passionate about building new applications from the ground up and who will join a growing team in developing the products that allow our borrowers and investors to achieve their financial goals. The technology teams move fast, celebrate great ideas, inspire testing and learning, and stretch for new solutions.
What You'll Do
Design, implement, and document new software components. Improve existing software. Work with Product Management to understand requirements and contribute to release planning. Research new technologies and prototype new ideas. Ensure high testability and quality of delivered software. Work with QA and Operations teams to troubleshoot and fix defects in software. Participate in building Scrum process and agile culture within the company. Lead, coach, and mentor team of junior software engineers.
• Are you a tried, enterprise Software/Java Engineer, having worked in a dynamic, agile environment with minimal supervision?
• Do you have experience working with agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing?
• Are you credible, offering 7+ years of meaningful experience?
• Currently you are working with Java and Web services
• UNIX/Linux is in your wheelhouse and you are currently utilizing your scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
• You have strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE)
• Solving problems is your passion
• You possess superb communication skills
• Self-motivated teammate who excels in a reciprocal environment. (This is the place to take initiative and ask intelligent questions!)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field of study
• You have the ability to scale applications
• Working knowledge of AWS
• You have a passion to deliver on-time, quality work
• You accumulated your development experience in a true agile environment
• You are passionate about our mission to transform the banking industry
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.