The position is responsible for accurately handling day-to-day accounting processes and financial information, including monthly and quarterly close processes. The position will record and reconcile financial transactions, investigate and resolve issues, and perform analysis that is used in the compilation of statutory and regulatory financial reports. The role will also support our management team on strategic and tactical special projects as they arise. The position is expected to have substantial knowledge of U.S. accounting principles and practices.
What You'll Do
- You will prepare well-supported, accounting-related journal entries to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures. Additionally, you will also facilitate the preparation of detailed account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances. You will take a dedicated approach to conducting research and proposing solutions based on any discrepancies or identified issues that arise.
- You will prepare flux analyses month-over-month and actual versus budget.
- You will participate in documentation, performance and testing of key controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- You will assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting. You will also prepare information for external auditors.
- You will analyze processes and procedures, and you will propose and implement enhancements and improvements.
- You will provide support for various accounting and finance projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent. CPA preferred.
- 3-6 years’ experience in accounting. A combination of Big 4 Public Accounting and Industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Internally Developed Software a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems; experience with Oracle Fusion a plus.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Strong analytical skills along with good judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines with the utmost attention to details
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.