The LendingClub UI engineering team is looking for a passionate UI Architect who understands that building complex web experiences requires truly engineered solutions. The UI engineering mindset and toolbox has radically advanced over the last couple years. We are embracing this change by redefining our whole UI architecture and using modern open source libraries (including but not limited to NodeJS, npm, Webpack, Sass, React, Redux, React Native, etc). We are looking for someone who also supports this movement and wants to be part of our mission to transform the banking system. We have a rare opportunity for you to bring your talent and passion to drive a massive change in how we build users experiences across all of our product lines and how consumers experience the LendingClub platform.
What You'll Do
- Define the UI architecture; choose technology stack, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas.
- Plan architecture rollout and technology stack updates.
- Define standards and best practices to ensure consistency and high quality of UI design and implementation.
- Participate hands-on in Scrum teams to lead implementation of the architecture.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into UI design and implementation.
- Work with UX team to define and implement reusable UI components.
- Participate in building Scrum process and Agile culture in the company.
- You've used CSS Preprocessor such as Sass or LESS. Experience with Node, NPM, Gulp, Grunt, Backbone, Bootstrap, Browserify, Webpack
- You have expert knowledge of common engineering concepts (algorithms, design patterns and modularization)
- You bring expertise with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web. Working with REST API web services
- You used React-Redux or other similar modern frameworks
- You believe you were a designer in a past life, but now you would rather collaborate with them
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.