In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team dedicated to ensuring a trustworthy and secure marketplace for our millions of students, instructors, and business customers around the world: no big deal :) This role is part strategy, part operational. You will be responsible for identifying the major risks to Udemy’s business - now and in the future - and developing risk mitigation strategies. You will be responsible for setting marketplace policy. The role is also part operational. You will lead a team responsible for implementing processes that detect and mitigate risks to the business in partnership with our Data Science, Product, Design, and Engineering teams.
To succeed in this role, you must be:
- A Subject Matter Expert. Udemy is a fast-growing, global e-commerce company selling user-generated content. You’ll need deep familiarity with the risks that a business like ours faces as well as an understanding of what best-in-class risk management look like. The company will rely on you to be the internal expert on effective fraud detection and prevention.
- A Strategic Thinker. As the person responsible for developing and implementing the policies that govern the marketplace, you must be a strategic thinker who understands how different pieces of our complex 2-sided global D2C marketplace and B2B business fit together. You’ll be thinking about dealing with today’s issues while ensuring we don’t lose sight of what’s coming down the road.
- Analytical. Udemy is a data-driven company, and you will need to use your analytical chops to ensure we track the right metrics and are able to effectively quantify risks and opportunities. This skillset will be crucial as you partner with our Data Science and Engineering teams.
- An Operator. You’ll be responsible not just for identifying risks and developing policies but ensuring their effective implementation. Doing this efficiently - through your own team as well as in partnership with other teams - is essential to the role’s success.
- Empathetic. You’ll need to develop and implement policies that our customers (students, instructors, and companies) around the world can easily understand; being customer-centric is essential. You’ll also be a people manager on a team that values strong management.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).