InfluxData is looking for a seasoned developer to join our fully distributed advocacy team as a Developer Advocate.
At present, there are 6 Developer Advocates at InfluxData; each bringing with them their own skills, experience, and charm. With experience in Containers, Elixir, IoT, Machine Learning, Python, Ruby, and Systems Administration; we’ve got a diverse and educated team willing to share their knowledge with you, and the world.
We understand that Developer Advocacy is a cross-disciplinary role. Whether you want to build new features into Telegraf, answer questions on StackOverflow, or present to hundreds of developers at conferences world-wide; we can support you and help you grow.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with Docs, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Support
- Fixing bugs and building new features into Flux, InfluxDB, and Telegraf
- Producing and presenting content for technical audiences at conferences and online
- Attending conferences and events as a representative of InfluxData
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and support a client library in your language of choice
- Supporting, mentoring, and encouraging our community with ethical, honest, and transparent communication and action on: Discourse, GitHub, Reddit, and StackOverflow
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Reside and work in the UK, Germany, Italy
- Experienced software developer, you have written and deployed a production application more than once
- Have a history of producing content for technical audiences (Blogs, Presentations, Webinars, etc)
- Be proficient with at-least 2 programming languages (Go is advantageous)
- Have some level of experience with monitoring applications and systems
Please note: this role does involve a substantial amount of travel within Europe and some in the United States.
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.