We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you might fail. (That's okay.) Along with that, you'll need the persistence to keep going and try again. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and excited to teach as well as learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the delivery of large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive a concept from whiteboard to production
- Contribute to our open-source, frontend libraries and projects
- Establish and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Mentor and level up fellow teammates with pairing and code reviews
What you bring to the table
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills to help other engineers grow
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Experience with React, Go, or Elixir
- Experience with data visualization
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
*While for some roles, we welcome candidates from boot camps/junior candidates, for this role we are looking for an engineer who has 5 or more years of working experience in similar roles.*
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.