We get to make cool software, work with the best people, tackle strategic business challenges and build awesome careers. But, most importantly, we get to see our work strengthen organizations to do heroic work and change the world for the better-all while having a lot of fun in the process.
ACL was founded in 1987 in Vancouver, Canada, and has since grown to include seven global offices. We build award-winning, cloud-based security, risk management, compliance, and audit software used by some of the world’s largest organizations. But we don’t just make software. We get to spend our days working with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. We help our customers change the world for the better, an idea that drives our company culture. And that means helping to create value and impact for more than 7,000 active customer organizations in 140 countries—so they too can create the future they want to see.
The Challenge Ahead
This position requires a mix of interpersonal and technical skills to assist customers with a comprehensive solution. This is NOT a scripted helpdesk position; it requires personalized management of customer relationships, initiative to investigate issues and provide resolution promptly, as well as soliciting help from other team members as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Provide help for application use and administer technical support via telephone and email to existing clients.
- Help users with application functionality, to assist in the setup of the application, working to diagnose issues with the application, IIS and SQL Server, as well as other related activities
- Coordinate Project functions for specific Galvanize consulting engagements. From time-to-time assist in scheduling, coordination and report-preparation for Galvanize consulting projects with specific clients
Qualifications, Experience, and Abilities:
You will receive training in Galvanize products, methodology and technology as part of the orientation and onboarding process. Since you will support Global customers, you will be required to work in Eastern US Time Zone.
Experience and abilities:
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server – installation, configuration and performance
- Experience working on large-scale, N-tiered enterprise web applications.
- Proficient in SQL, stored procedures, database schema with hands on experience in enterprise projects
- Experience supporting the functionality of complex enterprise business applications (beyond just installation, setup, configuration)
- Ability to understand and act on daily changing priorities
- Ability to research, learn, apply, and adapt to new functionality and technology.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and remain productive without close supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve complex and time sensitive client issues from beginning to end.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to manage case load to meet defined service levels while customer expectations and follow up.
- Past work experience in a support role in product development companies is a big plus
Are you ready to join?
Do you thrive in an environment where you are expected to multi-task, resolve complex problems and make a difference?
At Galvanize we are consistently disrupting the category, holding customers core to everything we do and communicating with each other from the heart! If you are looking for real purpose in your life and want to play your part in making the world a better place, then this might be the home for you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out on www.wegalvanize.com as we are always on the hunt for great talent! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to see what we’re up to.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.