About the Role
As a strategic finance analyst, you will be working with ATG senior finance business partners on the strategic projects, to provide timely and meaningful analysis support across functions, including strategy, product, business development, M&A, workplace, Fintech and supply chain etc; your strong finance & accounting knowledge as well as ADVANCED analytical skills will assist ATG to deliver our long term commitment in self driving car development.
You need to be hands on, detail focused, flexible and with a great sense of urgency; you are not only mining data, building models and preparing reports, but also expected to extract useful information and draw conclusions from the analysis, and effectively communicate your ideas to the stakeholders.
In addition to driving and supporting regular financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you'll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and driving up process efficiencies with the senior leaders in ATG. So if you're ready to roll up the sleeves and get your hands dirty to change the world, get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Strategic initiatives support by building up sophisticated financial models from scratch, improve and maintain the existing models, clearly define drivers within the models by making reasonable assumptions and follow up with stakeholders to test the result effectiveness
- Work closely with ATG strategy team to define launch plans, in order to understand the long term financial implications and capital investment requirements
- Work with various corporate functions to close off external investment deal on ATG and various post merger integration supports
- Ensure that corporate finance and accounting initiatives and requirements are executed within ATG, drive finance accuracy and month end closing process improvements
- Partner with ATG functional teams to build business cases to evaluate capital investment scenarios to assist decision makings
- Support finance business partner to implement ERP phase 2 for manufacturing and roll out fully loaded costing process
- Ad-hoc projects and deal support - be prepared for new initiatives and flexible with changes
- Innovate - Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets to improve the reporting, modeling and financial processes.
What You'll Need
- Degree in Finance, business or data science, preferably MBA
- 5 - 8 years of experience in finance, investment banking, consulting, preferably with direct business/data analyst experience within a large, professionally managed global company.
- ADVANCED Excel/Google Sheet skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- ADVANCED analytical skills, hands-on, detail oriented, positive attitude, and be able to summarize and translate complex models into initiatives and actions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to challenge and align with the key stakeholders
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level ERP systems (Oracle, Tableau etc)
- Be able to deep dive into the details while not losing the big picture
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The SCALE group enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.