About the Role
Are you a great engineer who enjoys building your own test systems? Do you enjoy searching for solutions with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of testing time to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? Uber ATG is hiring hardware test development engineers to build up our Autonomous Vehicle V&V team and help bring our ideas to market.
As a test development engineer on the Hardware Verification and Test team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware test plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document/analyze results to validate components and systems.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain electro-optical test fixtures
- Perform verification, validation and testing activities
- Creating tests for non-lidar hardware like circuit boards, cameras, radar, and computer systems
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for manufacturing
- Perform a wide range of tests (e.g. analog, digital timing, reliability, functional testing, etc.)
- Programming in Python to control equipment and collect and analyze data.
- Maintain engineering processes, documentation, and present results.
What you'll need
- General optical/laser experience
- Test Scripting in Python
- Good experience with Linux command-line & shell scripts
- Broad general EE knowledge
- Ability to design, build and maintain tests for custom hardware
- BS in Physics or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 5 years of work experience, or an Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in Physics or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building GUIs in Python
- Experience with safety-critical hardware systems and components
- Understanding of automotive applications and standards
- CAN bus vehicle standard familiarity
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links
- Ability to design, build and maintain electrical test fixtures
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.