About the Team
Uber is reinventing transportation, and the New Mobilities org is playing a pivotal role in making that happen. The New Mobilities org consists of Bikes, Scooters, Transit and UberWorks.
Our mission is to extend ride sharing to other modes of transportation with a push of a button while working with cities towards reducing the need for vehicle ownership. Imagine a future where Bikes, Buses, Trains, Subways, Ferries, UberPool, Scooters and UberX seamlessly interconnect to lower cost, reduce congestion and cut pollution. That future starts today!
The New Mobilities team is looking for passionate, entrepreneurial engineers who seek to change the face of transportation as we know it (again). As a key component of Uber's Multi-Modal Transportation Platform strategy, this is a unique opportunity to build and be part of Uber's most exciting 0 to 1 big bets.
Uber is making huge investments in this area, and we already see explosive growth for our products. Join us delivering magical experiences!
Here are the skills we are looking for:
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Passion to learn and solve hard problems.
- Ownership. You feel ownership over code you create. Your production code is confidently tested, equipped with careful monitoring, clear documentation and solid integration and load testing.
- Strong computer science fundamentals & programming skills (we mainly use Java & Python). You know which algorithms and data structures to apply to create blazing fast experiences.
- Architecture.Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar
We're moving people and things in every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to make it happen even better!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.