About the Role
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Global Business Development (BD) team is looking for a sharp, energetic, and strategic thinker to grow and manage Driver Loyalty Partnerships on the Strategic Initiatives team.
The Business Development Manager is someone who is deeply interested in the long-term success of Uber, will hit the ground running designing high-impact partnerships and negotiating deals, and thrives in a fast-paced tech company.
In this high profile, integral role, you will engage in a multi-faceted business development strategy to drive growth and retention as part of the driver loyalty program for Uber. You tasks will range from developing growth and retention strategies to structuring complex strategic partnerships to negotiating exceptional deals. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting top corporate priorities through 3rd party partnerships and work in close collaboration with product, operations, marketing, design, engineering and legal to construct and execute high impact partnerships.
As the face of Uber to external partners, you will play an important role in building strong relationships with 3rd parties and proactively identify partner opportunities for the business.
What You'll Do
- Lead partnership strategy and deal execution for Driver Loyalty initiatives
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners at senior executive levels
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact the core business applying both creativity and business acumen
- Lead and negotiate deals end-to-end (from due diligence to contract negotiations and post-deal management) with cross-functional input and aligned to business / product strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Operations, Marketing
- Own the deal process and lead teams to bring first-of-a-kind partnerships to life
- Be a conduit between International BD personnel and Driver product team to assist in them in deploying driver loyalty programs in their regions
- Define, track and report on partner performance metrics
- Act as an internal partner advocate
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 years of strategic business development and partnerships experience
- Proven track record and experience negotiating first-of-kind and closing complex deals
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams and collaborate deeply with product, marketing, engineering, and operations
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and ability to use data insights to structure high impact deals
- Analytical mindset and strong use of data-driven decision making
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for Uber's mission and ability to thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Extremely proactive, self-starter with strong project management and execution skills
- MBA is a plus
About the Team
The Global Business Development team works on Uber's top corporate priorities and strategic partnerships, helping Uber to drive revenue growth, launch new business and create delightful consumer experiences. As a member of the business development team, you will contribute to strategic priorities and learn the ropes on partnerships and dealmaking from the best in the business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.