About the Role
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to help bring our suite of electrical products from concept through production and into operation. Great judgment, a comprehensive understanding of op-amps, ASICs, PMICs and their applications are critical to success. This role will work with senior engineers on the team to accelerate development, optimize performance, and improve the supply chain.
A familiarity with component selection, schematic capture, part creation, and board layout are required for this role. This role will require experience with 2-4 layer board design and an understanding of how to apply and modify reference designs to achieve product goals. Day to day, the Electrical Engineer will execute with aptitude, to ensure JUMP products are operationally reliable, exceptionally safe, and consistent across high production volumes.
What You'll Do
- Be a positive and collaborative contributor for electrical engineering projects.
- Be organized and decision-oriented, keeping projects on schedule and well-communicated across teams.
- Have wide domain awareness and understanding of mixed signal design.
- Work closely with technical experts to execute within aggressive timelines.
- Collaboratively design analog and mixed-signal hardware in Altium Designer.
- Perform failure analysis with technicians to identify root causes.
- Prepare product design and analysis documentation.
- Collaborate with firmware test engineering to establish hardware-in-loop facilities.
- Evaluate electromechanical components for alternates.
- Select, simulate, and create component libraries in Altium Designer.
What You'll Need
- 1 year experience with Electrical Design
About the Team
JUMP is a team inside Uber building the next generation of shared light electric vehicles. This role will contribute to the core functionality of the vehicles and test equipment shipping around the world. Success on this team means changing the way people fundamentally get around cities for the better. We move fast, work smart, and have a lot of fun.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.