About the Role
As an Lead Technician, you will help physically put together the complex puzzle that is Autonomous Vehicles. You will be directly assign tasks, work and overall manage the shop.
What You'll Do
- Working knowledge of electrical drawings and schematics
- Robotics experience preferred
- Proficient at soldering
- Familiar with measuring instruments like current and voltage meters
- Knowledge of proper strain relief techniques
- Experience with high and low voltage (AC and DC)
- Passionate about organizing and labeling cables
What You'll Need
- Hands on skills in wire termination of all types (crimp, solder, push pin, screw)
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Ability to build and debug complex wiring harnesses, electrical enclosures, and design panel layouts
- Proficient in communicating with other technicians, software engineers, and executives
- True love of cars is required
- Aersospace, Power Sports, or Automotive experience a plus
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.