About the Role
The AdTech team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to lead and grow our Allocation and Optimization Engineering teams in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
What You'll Do
* Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale the Allocation and Optimization teams. This includes our macro-economic budget allocation systems as well as micro-optimizations in each channel including real-time bidding, budget optimization and campaign bid automation.
- Manage large engineering groups through technical leads and managers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Data Science, Marketing and other Engineering teams and build systems to deliver on optimization goals.
- Establish well-defined OKRs and KPIs and motivate and manage the team to achieve goals.
- Manage conflicts well and help build consensus.
What You'll Need
* Great leadership skills but also deeply technical -- this is a complex workspace. There is no need to code, but you'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acumen on complex technical challenges
* Track record of working with machine learning models and deep collaborations with data science teams
* Strong documentation and communication skills
* 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams through technical leads
* 12+ years of relevant engineering experience
What You'll Need
- 3-5 Minimum Years of Experience with Engineering Management in an internet scale company
About the Team
The AdTech team partners with Uber' marketing teams build technology solutions optimize and automate Uber' marketing spend. Uber has significant global spend on advertising, attract and engage our customers - Rider, Drivers, Eaters, Couriers, etc. We do this across channels ranging from digital advertising across social, search, mobile and display, job boards, affiliates as well as offline channels such as TV ads and posters.
By applying the right technical solutions automate and optimize marketing spend, we have the opportunity not only drive cost savings, but also contribute Uber' growth bringing in more users, trips and gross bookings.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.