About the Role
As an Engineering Manager for ATG's Infrastructure Platform, you will work with software and site reliability engineers to deliver measurable improvements to uptime and availability for ATG's data centers and compute clusters, as well as other foundational engineering systems. You will work directly with autonomy and research teams to enable velocity in their development in areas such as metrics computation, deep learning, and simulation.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for growing and mentoring a team of engineers
- Build distributed systems that scale to allow millions of containerized task executions
- Manage a team of site reliability and software engineers to achieve maximum compute cluster availability and throughput
- Improve operational excellence of systems and services managed by the ATG Infrastructure Platform
- Contribute to vision and direction of the ATG Infrastructure Platform
What You'll Need
- 8 +years of experience with Distributed Systems and software Engineering
- Ability to demonstrate technical mastery of designs and implementation details and be a respected peer of your most senior team members
- 2+ years of people management experience nurturing careers, managing under- and over-performers, influencing cross-functional teams, recruiting and building teams
- Passion for designing and delivering mission critical code and products
- Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment
- Passion and a sense of ownership over everything you ship
- A team player mentality with the belief that more can be achieved as a team and ability to understand how decisions affect others in the organization
About the Team
The Infrastructure Platform consists of the software components, services and tooling required to enable offboard software systems to access cluster-oriented compute, storage and networking resources, reliability and at scale. These components are critical to the development of self-driving technologies, and contributions in this area are directly impactful to the progress at which self-driving becomes a reality. The team works across various groups, including autonomy and research teams, to enable development velocity in areas such as metrics computation, deep learning, and simulation.
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.