About the Role
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
This Engineering Manager role will be responsible for the Mobile Platform teams developing the Application Framework with which major Uber apps (for example, Rider, Driver, and Freight) are built on both iOS and Android. They are also responsible for building tools to measure, improve and maintain App performance and reliability. This is a highly strategic and leveraged role as it is responsible for how mobile engineers build mobile Apps at Uber.
What You'll Do
You will define the vision and roadmap for Uber's Mobile Platform, and you will be lead the team responsible for its execution and delivery. You must be a technical manager who is able to understand the technical details of projects and to drive the technical roadmap of the team.
- Drive vision & strategy for building the Mobile platform layer on which all Uber Mobile Apps are developed
- Lead a team of experienced senior engineers to deliver this Platform
- Manage stakeholders building products on top of the platform
- Engage externally with industry partners and the mobile community through blog posts, conference presentations, and open source
What You'll Need
The ideal candidate will be highly technical with a strong background building modern mobile apps on iOS or Android (ideally both).
- Passionate about building high-quality platforms for other developers
- Experience building iOS and Android apps using Swift, Objective-C, Java or Kotlin.
- Experience building mobile application frameworks.
- Experience managing senior engineers, tech leads, and other managers.